3 Generations Of Coffee Roasting - Be A Part Of The Family
When I was 10 my father would wake me up on Saturday mornings to help him with the store. I hated it. I wanted to watch Scooby Doo! That experience led me to a different path when I graduated college. I went straight into corporate finance and worked in that industry for almost 10 years. It was great but I kept yearning for something more, something that felt more personal. I made the switch 3 years ago and joined the family business in 2013 and couldn’t be happier.
Be a part of something that goes beyond a job, become a part of our coffee family. As the store manager you will make connections with our long-time customers and community members. You will run the day-to-day operations, lead a staff of roughly 10 people, implement policies and procedures, and ensure excellent customer service.
Some realities of this position:
- A flexible schedule is essential because the store is open 7 days a week
- Building a team requires patience, major effort, and dedication to the owners
- Implementing change is new and affects not only the staff but the customers
What you'll love
Our business was founded not because coffee is a good business, but because coffee is a part of our heritage. Experience what it’s like to be a part of the Outer Sunset community.
- Being a part of a major store remodel that will change the store from a coffee shop to more of a coffee roastery.
- Building and sustaining a high-performing team of 10.
- Taking ownership of the sales experience
Who you'll be working for:
You will report directly to Hrag Kalebjian, President and co-owner of Henry’s House Of Coffee. You’ll also spend time with Master Roaster Henry and learn about the coffee industry.
For over 50 years Henry’s House of Coffee has been providing hand-roasted coffee to its customers. We have a passion for all things coffee. If you share our passion for coffee and customer service, we would love to meet you.
As the store manager, your role is to ensure Henry’s House of Coffee is an important part of the local community by making connections with our long-time customers, neighbors, and community members. You will run the day-to-day operations, lead a staff of roughly 8 people, implement policies and procedures, and ensure excellent customer service.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Employee Management – This role is ideal for someone who is empathetic & enjoys managing people. Your main responsibility is to lead and develop a highly effective staff. You will provide coaching, direction, and set positive examples. Your duties will include:
- Hiring & Training
- On-shift evaluation & feedback
- Staff Performance Reviews
- Creating Policies & Procedures – We’re looking for someone who loves systems and efficiency. You will be responsible for identifying, planning, and implementing appropriate store processes to ensure the store runs smoothly, day in and day out. This includes creating systems and/or policies for:
- Opening/Closing Activities
- Cash Handling
- Defining Job & Shift Roles
- Ensuring consistency, accountability and measurability for each shift’s duties
- Inventory Management – Managing inventory is an integral part of the business. You will be responsible for the inventory management process to help the business maintain adequate product stock ensuring we never run out of key items, or don’t have waste from over ordering.
- Weekly Inventory Management (Coffee, pastries, and dairy)
- Creating/Updating Sales Orders
- Training Staff on Inventory Management & Ordering
- Increasing Sales – Do you love talking coffee with customers? You have a great opportunity to take ownership of the selling experience here. Training the staff on how to upsell and connecting with the guest will be necessary for your success.
- Implementing Upselling Techniques
- Bringing In New Products
- Educating Staff on Coffee & Tea
- Customer Experience – We want a manager who has customer service built into their DNA. You will be responsible for providing an exceptional level of customer service & treating customers like family to create a warm and friendly environment.
- A minimum of three years of management experience in a retail setting with direct supervision of 5 or more staff.
- Strong leadership skills and a track record of building and developing a great team.
- You are an organized systems builder: You have proven success in implementing new policies and procedures to ensure consistent workflow.
- Great communicator: You seek first to listen, developing respected relationships with your staff & management team, and are professional in all aspects of the job.
- A passion and sense of ownership in all aspects of the position.
- Flexible work schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Available to work flexible hours that will include 40 hours or more per week.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds without assistance
Henry’s House Of Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
How To Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com