There is nothing better than sitting on your couch wrapped up in your favorite blanket, and sipping on coffee. Let's kick it up a notch and show you some of our winter coffee drinks and recipes.
Pakistanis create this coffee out of large pots, because it is more of a social drink. This unique flavored coffee has cardamom which gives you a taste like no other.
3 cups water
3 cups milk
1 cinnamon stick
5 cardamom pods, cracked
sugar, to taste
3 Tbsp French Roast Coffee
- Crack of few of the cardamom pods and throw them in a pan along with the coffee, a cinnamon stick, milk, and some water.
- Simmer for ten minutes. Ladle the liquid as it bubbles as this will help to aerate the coffee mixture. Do this about twenty times.
- Strain the mixture directly into a coffee pot.
- Share with your friends and family members by pouring directly into their cups, and add a cinnamon stick and sugar for extra taste.
Pumpkin CafÃ© de Olla
Traditional Mexican Coffee (CafÃ© de Olla) is the potpourri of the coffee world. Incredibly fragrant, this coffee will have your home smelling amazing for days. Cinnamon is the heavy-hitter in this recipe. We've added a small twist by combining some pumpkin to make it a real fall drink.
2/3 cup ground
Gypsy Mix, coarse grind
1 quart water
1 cinnamon stick
One 3-inch piece orange peel
5 ounces piloncillo
1 tsp pumpkin spice
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the coffee grounds with 1 quart water, the sugar, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and orange peel. Stir to combine and bring to slow boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from the heat and let steep, covered for 5 minutes. Strain, through a fine mesh strainer, into cups and serve.
Originally served as a hot chocolate drink in the early 1500's, this popular Italian drink is made with locally-produced chocolate, strong Italian coffee, and topped with a froth of whipped cream.
1/2 cup hot chocolate
1/4 cup heavy cream
Chocolate shavings optional
- Make a pot of Bella Finca
- While the coffee is brewing, make yourself a batch of hot chocolate.
- Pour your hot chocolate into the bottom 1/3rd of your mug.
- Pour your coffee over the back of a spoon into the mug, filling to 2/3 full.
- Pour whip cream over the back of a spoon, filling the mug completely.
- Top with chocolate shavings.
Authentic Irish Coffee
If you were to Goolge "Irish Coffee" you may end up with hundreds of recipes and opinions! The basic parts of an authentic Irish coffee are: hot coffee (we prefer our French Roast), sweetener, whiskey, and cream.
Glass mug with handle
6 ounces brewed French Roast
2 teaspoons sugar , or to taste
2 tablespoons Irish Whiskey
2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Fill the mug with hot water and let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
- Empty water from mug and add brewed coffee and stir in sugar.
- Stir in whiskey.
- Place heavy cream in a mixing bowl and whisk until frothy, but pour able.
- Hold a spoon upside down over the mug and slowly pour the cream over the spoon, allowing the cream to float on top of the coffee.